About Yolonda Bledsoe, MSW, LCSW
Ms. Bledsoe knows that while everyone has a story, a person’s difficult experiences do not have to define who they are. She loves being able to provide a space for individuals to gain support and encouragement around emotions and experiences that they may have felt uncomfortable sharing in other spaces. It is her hope that her clients’ therapy experiences foster self- empowerment, healthy communication and ownership of emotions. Approaching therapy openly and creatively, she makes every effort to individualize and humanize the therapy experience for each person. Focusing on collaboration, creativity and self-expression when working with clients, Yolonda often utilizes music in sessions or helps people create useful affirmations. She is an advocate for the people she works with, giving them the resources and tools needed for their empowerment. Likewise, she is dedicated to social engagement and to fostering supportive, diverse spaces and communities. Ms. Bledsoe is experienced working with children, adolescents, individuals and families and is trained in a variety of mindcare modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Family-Centered Treatment (FCT).
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Parent/Child Concerns
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Postpartum Depression
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC
– Bachelor s in Psychology from Peace College in Raleigh, NC
– Certified in Mental Health First Aid training
– Certified in CPR and First Aid
– Member of the North Carolina chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
– Member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
November 4, 2020
I have really, really benefitted from my counseling through MindPath. Thank you so much.