About Winston Lane III, MD
Dr. Winston Lane has over 36 years of experience in the medical field, having graduated from East Carolina University, School of Medicine in 1985. Dr. Lane discovered that psychiatric medicine was the career path he wanted to take as psychiatry is both challenging and rewarding. He particularly enjoys working with people who have substance use disorders and enjoys collaborating with patients to develop a treatment plan. Dr. Lane states that it is important for treatment goals to align. He adds that having the training as a pharmacist and physician has allowed him to understand and use medications proficiently. Many of Dr. Lane’s patients describe him as kind, caring, and compassionate. His approach is easy to talk to and he strives to make patients feel as if he is a friend, as well as a doctor.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Alcohol Use
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Drug Use
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Psychosis w/ Long-Acting Injectable
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Suboxone Treatment
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Chief Resident in Psychiatric Medicine
– Residency in Psychiatric medicine at Pitt County Memorial Hospital
– East Carolina University Medical School
– Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
– Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
– Certified in Addiction Medicine
July 27, 2021
Telehealth is very convenient. Thanks
July 21, 2021
Wonderful competent and caring doctor.
July 21, 2021
No issues everyone is polite and courteous.
May 19, 2021
Dr Lane is awesome!