About Venkata Jonnalagadda, MD
Dr. Jonnalagadda is a board-certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist. Dr. Jonnalagadda is certified with the American Psychiatric Association (in association with the AIMS Center) training for Applying the Integrated Care Approach. Dr. Jonnalagadda is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. She is an adjunct teaching faculty with the Department of Pediatrics, ECU Brody School of Medicine; and a clinical psychiatrist/Associate Chief of Staff with the Veterans Administration. She resides on the Ethical and Judicial Affairs Task Force for the North Carolina Medical Society. She also has a Systems of Care training background with abuse evaluations, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, juvenile justice, social services, deaf/hard of hearing psychiatric care, child development services and early intervention, outpatient and residential substance use treatment, and practice improvement and evidence-based care. She is a Fellow of the Federation of State Medical Boards; and nationally volunteers with the Integrated Care and Addiction Psychiatry Forum. She is a Recovery Ally.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Alcohol Use
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bariatric Surgery Evaluation
- Cognitive Disorder
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Developmental Disability / Autism
- Drug Use
- Eating Disorder
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Gender Confirmation Surgery Evaluation
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Psychological Aspects of Mental Illness
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective
- Pain Disorder
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
July 14, 2021
My assistance from Carmen in the office. Always awesome to have the support of Dr. J.
June 9, 2021
I love the way Dr. J cares for her patients.
June 2, 2021
Dr J is a good listener and helps you make a plan.
May 26, 2021
She has been my doctor for years. She is so sweet and caring.