About Tikia Yelverton, DNP
Dr. Yelverton believes in transparency, honesty and directness. Informed by evidence-based research she practices in truth and fact. Tikia is open with her patients that she too has experienced some of the same difficulties and, when applicable, is willing to share how she overcame them as an avenue to help others, recognizing that oftentimes one can empathize differently after sharing a similar experience. Using a caring and respectful manner, Dr. Yelverton is one hundred percent honest with her patients, having found that complete truth informs them to make the very best decisions about their treatment plans. She knows that the core of well-being is mindcare and has seen how increasing patients’ mental wellness often leads to enhanced physical wellness. In addition to being a mindcare provider, Tikia also has extensive expertise in primary health care, with a diverse background in acute and chronic care management, health promotion, disease prevention and health education.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Alcohol Use
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Cognitive Disorder
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Developmental Disability / Autism
- Eating Disorder
- Compulsive Gambling
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Memory Concerns
- Personality Disorder
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Psychosis w/ Long-Acting Injectable
- Recent Hospitalization
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Sex / Pornography Addiction
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Doctor of Nursing Practice, Family Nurse Practitioner from East Carolina University in Greenville, NC
– Bachelor of Science in Nursing from California State University East Bay in Hayward, CA
– Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
– Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
February 2, 2021
January 24, 2021
Ms. Yelverton really listens to you and will help you find the best course of action. She s the best and I am so thankful I found her
January 21, 2021
I don t feel like I am in therapy with Tikia. It s important to feel comfortable as a patient. I love the telehealth system.
January 20, 2021
Tikia is great. So easy to talk with. She acts like she really cares and I enjoyed talking with her at my appointment.
January 13, 2021
Yelverton is so kind and understanding. She has a sweet spirit
January 11, 2021
Tijuana was very welcoming and warm. This was my first visit with her. I felt very comfortable and she was easy to talk to. I have always received good care from the providers at this facility.
December 24, 2020
From the time I walked in I new I was with the right person!!
December 23, 2020
She was really concerned from the 1st time we met. Everyone there is nice.
November 18, 2020
I can tell she is really listening and cares for your well being. I like her she makes you feel at ease.
November 9, 2020
Tikia is an awesome provider to work with.
September 28, 2020
I have always had a very positive experience. I would highly recommend to my friends, family and colleagues.
August 24, 2020
Dr. Yelverton was wonderful.
August 3, 2020
The provider was efficient and pleasant. The wait was a little long but the overall experience exceeded my expectations.
July 27, 2020
I enjoyed it. Liked the fact that I could feel comfortable while having the appointment by being at home!