About Stephen Katz, MD
Stephan Katz chose a career in mental health because his parents and all of their friends worked in mental health and he found it fascinating. Stephen is passionate about working with his patients in pursuing the best solutions for the best outcomes. Stephen obtained his medical degree from Kansas University and was previously a member of the academic faculty of Baylor University’s Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. He also earned a Seeley Fellowship in Psychiatry and holds an ABPN Certification. He has an immense amount of respect for all of his patients and looks forward to working together.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Alcohol Use
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Cognitive Disorder
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Developmental Disability / Autism
- Drug Use
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Compulsive Gambling
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Memory Concerns
- Personality Disorder
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Psychological Aspects of Mental Illness
- Psychosis w/ Long-Acting Injectable
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Pain Disorder
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Treatment Resistant Depression
Education & Certifications
– University of Kansas School of Medicine
– Bachelors from Brandeis University
– Trained in Child Psychiatry from Karl Menninger School of Psychiatry and Mental Health Services
– Trained in Emergency Admission, Alcohol Recovery Program, Short Term Diagnosis and Treatment, General Psychiatry from Karl Menniger School of Psychiatry and Mental Health Services
July 21, 2021
I will say that Dr. Katz impressed me because he didn t have a judgemental disposition at all. I have seen other providers, in general, change their engaging attitude once we get on mental health/meds history. I have felt judged before, but, not with Dr. Katz. He was friendly and professional. Thank you, Dr. Katz.
July 13, 2021
Dr. Katz was caring and patient.
July 2, 2021
Just was a great experience!
May 27, 2021
Mr. Katz was very professional and personable.