About Sharon Scott, MA, MSW, LCSW
Sharon is invested in discovering creative ways to cope with the challenges of being human. She became a mindcare provider because she believes every individual can overcome obstacles and find fulfillment in life. She considers it a privilege to bear witness to the experiences, struggles and successes of clients within a supportive relationship and wants to help others develop their ability to cope with life stressors, have satisfying relationships and maintain good mental health. As a provider, she assists clients in identifying and utilizing their inner and outer resources, while deepening their understanding of themselves and their unique challenges. Ms. Scott is both a social worker and an art therapist. Her work is grounded in creative modalities, psychodynamic, attachment and humanistic theories and is informed in part by cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). She works with a client-centered mindset, gearing sessions toward each client’s identified treatment goals, tailoring her approaches and theories to best match that person’s specific needs. Sharon whole-heartedly believes in the maxim, “Be the change you wish to see in the world,” and works to embody this in her life and therapy practice.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work in Clinical Social Work from Fordham University in the Bronx, NY
– Master of Arts in Clinical Art Therapy from Long Island University in Brookville, NY
– Bachelor of Science in Art Therapy from Long Island University in Brookville, NY
– Licensed Clinical Social Worker Associate in the state of North Carolina
August 11, 2020
Very comfortable, loved the online appointment.