About Sarah Hildreth, LCSWA
Sarah believes in the inherent resilience and strength of every person. She chose a career in mental health because of her fascination with the transformative potential of processing issues and identifying solutions. Using validation and encouragement, she creates a comfortable and safe environment for clients to go through the therapeutic process at their own pace. When working together, Ms. Hildreth knows that she and her clients can overcome their struggles; she collaborates with them to design effective treatment plans and is a strong advocate for her clients’ access to insurance coverage. With compassion and warmth, Ms. Hildreth brings a perspective of curiosity and “not-knowing” to her work with clients; rather than entering sessions with the expectation that her role is to “fix problems,” she sees herself as a supportive resource for clients as they uncover insights, strengths, supports, goals and solutions.
Partial List of Specialties
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work with a concentration in Health and Mental Health from Boston College s School of Social Work in Chestnut Hill, MA
– Bachelor of Social Work from the University of North Carolina in Wilmington, NC