About Sara Murphy, LCSW
Sara knew from a young age that she wanted to help people of all ages live their best lives. She greatly enjoys being able to work with people of different backgrounds to help them grow as people and reach new levels of personal happiness and accomplishment. With a soft-spoken demeanor, patience and determination, Ms. Murphy provides guidance, support and skills to collaborate with clients on mitigating difficulties they are experiencing. Sara has a strong background working with children that deal with bullying, attention/focusing issues or have social concerns, as well as helping women recover from trauma through building self-acceptance and self-worth. She utilizes mindfulness-based skills, a wellness approach, strength-based perspectives, play therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques in working with individuals and families.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- PTSD - Victim of Abuse
- Parent/Child Concerns
- Postpartum Depression
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC
– Bachelor of Social Work from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC
– Certified in CPR/AED and First Aid.
“It was a pleasure meeting Sara Murphy I feel confident I will get the help I need with her.”