About Peter Panagakis, PsyD
Dr. Panagakis first became interested in the field of psychology during high school where he had the joy of being introduced to the field by his favorite teacher and becoming enthralled at the prospect of improving people’s lives through therapy. An avid sports fan and athlete, Peter imagined working in a world where sports and psychology were combined—a dream he later achieved through his background in Sports Psychology before realizing that his true passion is for traditional psychotherapy. Dr. Panagakis’ professional experiences include collegiate and community counseling centers, neuropsychological assessment, nursing care facilities, and under-served populations. He offers careful and compassionate counseling with a focus on patient-centered care for adults that utilizes a blend of Cognitive Behavioral, Solution Focused, Psychodynamic and psychoeducation. Peter is also proficient in Greek.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Alcohol Use
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology in Los Angeles, CA
– Master s degree in Counseling Psychology from Boston University s Mental Health and Behavioral Medicine Program, with a dual degree in Sport Psychology
September 28, 2020
I loved the provider I met with, he was awesome
September 21, 2020
It was very comfortable platform. My speaking with my provider was equally comfortable.