About Monique Labombard, LCSWA
For Ms. LaBombard, her patients always come first. Often, at the beginning of her work with people, they feel that they have no control over their lives at that moment. Therefore, Monique strives to allow for an environment where her patients have complete control over their care, encouraging them to set the pace for therapy, to decide what they want to work on or talk about and helping them be the catalyst for change in their lives. As a therapist, she is most passionate about helping others overcome difficulties and grow from their experience. It’s very important to her that her patients truly recognize their own self-worth, regardless of whatever struggles they are facing. She often integrates personalized and unique therapeutic elements into sessions, offering patients the option to bring objects such as musical instruments, art supplies or tools from hobbies such as knitting into their sessions. Monique appreciates how this flexibility often allows patients to be more comfortable and to transfer some of their pain, stress, or emotions into something beautiful. She draws on training from a variety of modalities, including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), person-centered therapies, play therapy, art therapy, crisis intervention and safety assessments.
Partial List of Specialties
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Developmental Disability
- LGBTQ+ Care
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master s in Social Work from Roberts Wesleyan College in Chili, New York
– Bachelor of Science in Social Work from the State University of New York at Plattsburgh