About Megan Peterson, PA-C
Megan felt called to pursue a career in psychiatry to help address the nationwide shortage of competent and compassionate mental healthcare providers. Megan earned her BS in Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA. She then went on to earn her MS in Physician Assistant Studies from Marywood University in Scranton, PA. During her clinical rotations, she was able to see first-hand how inaccessible our mental health care system is currently. Her previous experience as a PA-C working in mental health was in a rural underserved community in North Carolina. Using a holistic and patient-centered approach, Megan listens to patients' needs, preferences, and goals to work together to make an individualized treatment plan. Megan utilizes both psychotherapy and medication management to help patients achieve a healthier mindset. Megan is looking forward to exploring everything Asheville has to offer and she is excited to work with her patients to help manage their mental health concerns.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Marywood University
– Associate of Science, Biology from Community College of Allegheny County
– Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh
May 26, 2021
It was quick to get an appointment and the PA really listened to me and was present and calm.