About Martha Watkins, LCMHC
Martha knows that positive change is possible when we embrace our strengths and fully dedicate ourselves to the process of getting better. She helps her patients actively participate in this process, working with them to build the motivation and trust that they need to commit themselves to this path of improvement. She is well versed in trauma-specific programs, home-based programs, and school counseling. Ms. Watkins employs a variety of treatment methods, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness, behavior management, and play therapy, believing that each patient’s individual needs should dictate how to approach their treatment. Her favorite part of being a therapist is making an emotional connection with a patient and being a part of that person’s growth. She enjoys working with people of different ages, experiences, and backgrounds.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Parent/Child Concerns
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Postpartum Depression
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC
– Bachelor of Art in Psychology from Meredith College in Raleigh, NC
March 17, 2021
I finally felt my feelings were valid!
October 28, 2020
Martha is very experienced and truly care about her clients. I was nervous to start therapy but clearly see the benefits with Martha s guidance.