About Mark Hansen, MSW, LCSW
Mark’s experience ranges from degrees from Texas Christian University, the Veterans Administration in Long beach, California, Boston College and Harvard Medical School continuing education to working at Arbour Counseling Services, Massachusetts’ largest mental health provider. He utilizes Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), a scientifically based therapy that focuses on making a distinction between what is out of you control and what is not, to create a purposeful life by effectively changing relationships to the pain that comes with everyday life, our histories and use of language. Mark strives to provide a space to help you achieve your goals in a non-judgmental empathetic environment for adults that struggle with what life has brought them. He works only with adults and has experience with anxiety, depression, traumatic life events, chronic mental illness and substance abuse among many other experiences that come along with life.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Alcohol Use
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- Dissociative Disorder
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Opioid/Pain Med Use
- Pain Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work in Clinical Mental Health from Boston College
– Bachelor of Business Administration from Texas Christian University
July 28, 2021
May 5, 2021
He is just a joy all of the time!
March 3, 2021
Mark was great!