About Malia Scott, PA-C
Malia Scott is a Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants. She joined MindPath Care Centers after working at an outpatient psychiatry clinic in Austin, Texas and is excited to now call Asheville home.
Malia holds a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Florida State University and a Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Milligan University. She loves serving the psychiatric needs of patients of all ages but has a special affinity for treating pediatric patients./ She is a passionate LGBTQIA ally.
Malia lives in Asheville with her husband, John, along with their dog, Kya, and cats, Hazel and Binx. Outside of the workplace, Malia enjoys volunteering with animal organizations, traveling, and experiencing new cultures.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Depression with Suicidality
- Eating Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
July 21, 2021
So much kindness and compassion.
July 14, 2021
Great first session!