About Lydia Ramos, PA
Lydia Ramos acquired a double major in Political Science and Psychology at UNC-Chapel Hill. It was after she graduated that she had decided to pursue medicine and ultimately decided to become a PA. Lydia attended Wake Forest School of Medicine and graduated with top honors. Since then, she has acquired a Psychiatry certification and a Suboxone license. Lydia has two journal publications and participates in a variety of boards/associations. Lydia considers herself to be a deep thinker, someone who wants to deeply understand how people think and behave. Through life experiences and relationships, she has been heavily influenced. Her father, who was diagnosed with Autism at 48 years old, comes to mind when thinking of her influencers. Through counseling and medication, Lydia has seen her father become the happiest he has been – ultimately inspiring her to pursue this career. Lydia has a special place in her heart for people with Autism and Intellectual Disability – but is equally passionate about women's health. She spent the first several years of her practice in the Bay Area of California treating a wide variety of psychiatric conditions including depression, anxiety, bipolar and schizophrenia, among others. Lydia looks at her patients with a holistic approach, as human beings with mind, body, spirit, and encouraging them to be empowered to contribute to their wellbeing.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Wake Forest School of Medicine
– Non-Degree Pre-Physician Assistant Studies from North Carolina State University
– Non-Degree Pre-Physician Assistant Studies from University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
– Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology from University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
– North Carolina Physician Assistant License
– Drug Enforcement Administration License
– Drug Enforcement Administration Suboxone License
June 23, 2021
Lydia is wonderful! I feel like she listens to my concerns, allows me to have input in my treatment plan and always makes sure all aspects are covered during my appointment.
June 17, 2021
Lydia is great. Thank you.
June 10, 2021
Lydia s flexibility
June 3, 2021
She wasn t very personable.
May 20, 2021
Lydia Ramos has helped me with my depression and actually ordered blood work on my folate levels. I have told many doctors how my body feels and they never tested that. Turns out I have a deficiency and that is why I'm feeling this way. The office staff is very nice as well. Great company.
April 27, 2021
Lydia was awesome. Very patient with me. She did not rush our conversation. I did feel better after the session.
April 20, 2021
Very personable and listened to my concerns. In all the years I have had depression no one has told me about genetic testing. I'm so very hopeful she can help me get the right treatment.
April 14, 2021
Her history taking and interviewing skills are exceptional