About Leslie Cloninger, LCSW, LCASA
A firm believer in self-actualization, Leslie is eager to empower her clients through helping them develop the tools they need to be able to help themselves. As a provider, she feels honored and excited to help clients on their journeys towards more balanced, healthier lives. Prioritizing client comfort and collaboration, Ms. Cloninger helps people gain insight into their thought and behavioral patterns in order to grow and change in positive ways. She works to help people fully experience their emotions and learn how to regulate them through building self-compassion and acceptance. Her approach to psychotherapy is eclectic as she has training and experiences with a wide range of modalities such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Gottman Level I and Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT).
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Alcohol Use
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Gender Confirmation Surgery Evaluation
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Opioid/Pain Med Use
- Drug Use (non-opioid)
- Personality Disorder
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Masters in Social Work from the North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC
– Central District Representative of the National Association of Social Workers Board of Directors
– Bachelor degree in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, NC
– Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist Associate
– Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist
December 18, 2019
Very pleasant, first therapy visit.
December 4, 2019
I think everything went really well. We both liked her a lot!
November 21, 2019
Very comfortable and professional
November 13, 2019
The experience was inspiring.
August 21, 2019
There was no front desk, just walked in and waited for clinician to come out