About Laura Morrison, MSW, LCSW
Laura builds her practice around social work core values: integrity, social justice, the importance of relationships and the dignity and worth of all individuals. She values compassion, connection and authenticity, drawing on those values to build healing and helpful relationships with her clients. The most rewarding part of her role as a mindcare provider is helping people recognize and harness their strengths as they work toward healing and growth. Using a relational approach to therapy, Ms. Morrison knows that the catalyst for change in therapy is a warm and trusting relationship between therapist and client. She works with individuals to create a compassionate space where they can examine themselves and their lives fully, without judgment, in order to facilitate meaningful change and build a deeper understanding about themselves. As an LGBTQIA+ affirming therapist, Laura is committed to cultivating an inclusive therapeutic practice and to examining the ways in which oppression, discrimination and social injustice impact the day-to-day struggles her clients face. In addition to being a therapist, Laura performs improvisational comedy and wholeheartedly believes that laughter and play are integral parts of the healing process.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- PTSD - Victim of Abuse
- Parent/Child Concerns
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Pain Disorder
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC
– Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC
– Post-MSW Fellowship in Counseling and Psychological Services at Emory University in Atlanta, GA
– Member of the North Carolina Society for Clinical Social Work
August 24, 2020
I was scheduled with Laura Morrison and I was very comfortable talking with her. Look forward to next session.
March 11, 2020
Love our care providers!