About Kathrene Brendell, DNP
Kathrene Brendell fell in love with the idea that you could help someone heal by talking and that there is actually a method to this approach. She is passionate in knowing that we have the capacity to heal within ourselves. The human body and in particular the brain is infinitely fascinating. She loves helping others tap into their own capacity for healing and assisting that process by whatever approach works best for the individual whether that includes therapy, diet, exercise, medication, other modalities or some combination. Kathrene believes in patient-centered care. The individual person is the best knower of self. She holds an understanding that there is an interaction between the possibilities help in a person’s genetic make-up and their lived experience. Life’s experiences are not always kind, but she believes everyone has the capacity to develop resilience and improve their ability to cope with these stressors to the point that they can find meaning, purpose, pleasure, contentment, joy, and peace even during the chaos.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Depression with Suicidality
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Personality Disorder
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Post-Graduate Certificate in Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Mental Health from Vanderbilt University
– Doctorate from University of North Carolina
– Doctor of Nursing from University of South Carolina
– Bachelor of Science, Nursing from University of South Carolina
– Bachelors in Biology from Berea College
July 21, 2021
She was very kind and made me feel very welcome.
June 28, 2021
I was seen fairly quickly and she was quite patient with me.