About Katherine Carver, LCSW
Katherine truly loves helping others. She enjoys working with people and especially appreciates being able to witness the process of change in a client’s life. She has seen the catalyzing power for transformation that can happen once a person realizes that they can in fact change their way of being and living in the world. Ms. Carver is particularly passionate about helping teenagers develop increased awareness of what they are experiencing. An active listener and critical thinker, Katherine uses solutions-focused therapy, which, for her, means that she prioritizes fixing things. Focusing on the client and what they are currently dealing with, she assists them using strengths-based and positive-focused interventions and trial and error as part of the process. Ms. Carver always wants to meet her clients where they are and help them start a new path forward.
Partial List of Specialties
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- Dissociative Disorder
- Family / Parenting Therapy
- Gender Confirmation Surgery Evaluation
- Parent/Child Concerns
- Pain Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master s in Social Work from The University of West Florida in Pensacola, FL
– Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Flagler College in St. Augustine, FL
– Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in North Carolina