About Karen Cullen, PMHNP-BC
As a provider, Karen’s overall care philosophy is one of partnership with her clients. She believes in an integrated holistic approach to mindcare that uses psychotherapy, psychopharmacology as well as non-pharmaceutical resources. Years of experience have deepened her non-judgmental, empathetic and acceptant approach to all patients. Karen emphasizes creating a safe space, utilizing the most current evidence-based care approaches alongside a commitment to helping clients realize their best health. Although Ms. Cullen has worked in many clinical settings, working with children and their families has been a theme throughout her career. She also has a particular interest in substance abuse and spent time working in an inpatient unit for Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Services, as well as following a similar patient group in an outpatient setting. Karen offers medication management for a wide variety of mindcare issues.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Adjustment Concerns
- Alcohol Use
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Cognitive Disorder
- Developmental Disability / Autism
- Eating Disorder
- Memory Concerns
- Personality Disorder
- Post-Partum / Pregnancy Depression
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Science from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI
– Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certificate from Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA
– Completed the Neuroscience Education Institute s Master of Psychopharmacology program.
April 25, 2020
Dr. Cullen was very helpful and approachable. I was nervous with my appointment but she made me feel at ease. She was great at guiding the communication with questions and I felt like she really listened to my responses.
March 20, 2020
Very friendly and professional. I had a wonderful first experience
March 20, 2020
March 19, 2020
March 11, 2020
I would recommend this place to my friends. I feel my daughter got excellent care today.