About Joelle Shipp, LCMHC
Ms. Shipp knows that different seasons of life bring different challenges. She became a mindcare provider in order to support people through those challenges, recognizing that it is helpful to have support during these seasons. Joelle works with people to identify issues, process harmful thought patterns and develop healthy skills in order to gain freedom and build confidence. As a provider Ms. Shipp prioritizes creating a safe, validating and encouraging space for clients. As a woman of color, she hopes that her identity encourages individuals who historically may not seek mental health services to take a leap of faith toward improving their mental health. She knows it is so important that everyone is able to access mental health care so that they can be their best versions of themselves and she deeply loves being able to watch people build up the courage to truly care for themselves.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Alcohol Use
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Developmental Disability
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- Family / Parenting Therapy
- PTSD - Victim of Abuse
- Parent/Child Concerns
- Postpartum Depression
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC with a concentration in Marriage and Family Counseling
– Certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors
– Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Clinician
April 5, 2020
It truly helped for me to talk and have someone listen. Looking forward to my next session.
March 7, 2020
Had great 1st session with therapist!