About Jenny Tart, MA, LCMHC
Ms. Tart lives by Bren Brown’s quote, “Let go of who you think you are supposed to be and embrace who you are.” Jenny has done just that in her life. After a six-year career “detour” in pharmaceutical clinical research, she returned to her lifelong passion for therapy and pursued graduate school in psychology. It has been eighteen years since she made that decision and remains grateful every day that she gets to assist others and do what she loves. Ms. Tart is most passionate about helping people successfully navigate the unique issues and challenges in their lives. She strives to provide perspective and personalized strategies to facilitate the growth that each patient wants for themselves. Jenny considers it a privilege to be part of each patient's journey.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Family / Parenting Therapy
- Postpartum Depression
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Art in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA
– Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Duke University/ in Durham, NC
June 23, 2021
Jenny is always attentive, caring, and professional.
May 21, 2021
Creates a safe space. Acknowledging what I feel is valid
May 6, 2021
Jenny is warm, caring, and a great listener. She is committed to helping her patients work on coping skills for stressful situations as well as understanding mental illness.
April 30, 2021
The realization that it is ok to be selfish in regards to self-care. Take the guilt out of the equation. Truly an environment of no judgment compounded by validation of what I am feeling is ok.