About James Dowd, PA-C
Mr. Dowd knows that offering effective mindcare requires open and honest communication. He wants the people he works with to feel heard and safe enough to share any questions or concerns regarding their care. James prioritizes building a relationship of trust and respect with his patients, including them in the decision-making process and taking time to make sure they are comfortable with all decisions made. Using a team-based approach, he wants patients to know that he will work together with them to achieve optimal care. At the end of the day, his work is about improving and maintaining a high quality of life for the patient. Working with a wide range of ages, he offers medication management for multiple mindcare issues.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Compulsive Gambling
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Psychosis w/ Long-Acting Injectable
- Recent Hospitalization
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Sex / Pornography Addiction
- Treatment Resistant Depression
Education & Certifications
– Master s in Physician Assistant Studies from Chatham University located in Pittsburgh, PA
– Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), by the American Heart Association (AHA), in Basic Life Support (BLS), and in Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
November 11, 2020
I'm very happy with my experience
November 5, 2020
Mr. Dowd is a good listener. He understood my issues and has a positive outlook. I look forward to working with Mr. Dowd.
July 22, 2020
I really liked James. He took the time to talk to me. I highly recommend him.
June 11, 2020
It was fine
March 20, 2020
Great and warming first experience
February 29, 2020
Mr. Dowd was great!