About Dory Simonsen, LCSW
Dory believes that everyone deserves to live a beautiful life in an emotionally healthy way. She became a therapist because she has a life-fulfilling desire to see others succeed and decided that mindcare would be the fastest way to connect with people in need. She treats each of her clients on a holistic, case-by-case basis, focusing on working collaboratively to highlight their natural strengths and tend to their specific needs. She holds a high standard for herself in her work, prioritizing ethics and advocacy, and she encourages others to do the same. With a genuine and nonjudgmental demeanor, Ms. Simonsen hopes to empower and guide clients to thrive in life. Utilizing clinically proven, evidenced-based methods such as cognitive behavioral (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) techniques, mindfulness-based stress reduction and collaborative therapy she shows clients that they can create the life that they have always envisioned for themselves.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Binge Eating / Other
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Family / Parenting Therapy
- PTSD - Victim of Abuse
- Postpartum Depression
- Sex / Pornography Addiction
- Sexual Functioning Concerns
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work at the North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC
– Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from East Carolina University in Greenville, NC
– Licensed Clinical Social Worker from the Social Work Certification and Licensure Board in Asheboro, NC
November 10, 2020
She has helped me move forward in many ways and to see things from a perspective outside my (oftentimes negative) self-talk!
July 28, 2020
It was a relaxing experience.
July 27, 2020
Great. Dory is fantastic, signing up and logging on was a breeze. Froze once during session for less than 30 seconds, aside from that it was easy and functional.