About Daja Mayner, LCSW
Growing up, Ms. Mayner felt that her superpower was being trusted as a person’s safe space. As a licensed clinical social worker, she is proud to now have the knowledge and competency to empower and assist clients in discovering their own superpowers. Daja hopes to challenge patients to humanize themselves by encouraging them to extend grace, believe in their abilities, and view therapy as another tool to overcome what may be the most difficult time in their lives. She employs an ecosystemtic approach that focuses on the implications of childhood and generational trauma on emotional well-being, self-concept, and attachment patterns. She pulls heavily from systems theory and incorporates techniques from several modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Bowen Family Systems, Emotionally Focused therapy (EFT), and Motivational Interviewing. Additionally, she is experienced in crisis intervention and in providing culturally sensitive counseling for intersectional communities.
Partial List of Specialties
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples/Marital Therapy
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- Family / Parenting Therapy
- PTSD - Victim of Abuse
- Parent/Child Concerns
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
– Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
– Trained in Motivational Interviewing, Systems of Care, Darkness to Light
– Certified in Family Centered Treatment as well as first aid and CPR
"Daja allowed me to just spill my guts. She listened to hear me and not to respond immediately. She took her time, carefully asking questions in order to help me. So far, I know I have a new counselor and she has a new patient or 5! I say 5 because soon my children will be following my advice and making an appointment with her!"
“Daja Mayner is a wonderful and caring therapist! I have recommended her to numerous people seeking therapy. She even helped match me to a medication management person that would fit my personality and needs when I asked her to help me and I expressed my concerns.”