About Christy Ellis, LCSW
Ms. Ellis is passionate about helping others with self-discovery and self-acceptance. She became a social worker because she wanted to support and encourage people to be their best and most authentic selves. She is committed to building a positive therapeutic relationship with her clients in order to help them feel comfortable and safe in expressing themselves. Because each person who she works with is unique, Christy structures sessions around clients’ individual needs. This approach allows her to meet clients where they are on their journey in order to best assist them in achieving their goals.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples/Marital Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Personality Disorder
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work through a joint program at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro
– Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Behavior Management, Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), Documentation of Progress in Insurance-Compliant Notes and Incident Reporting.
February 25, 2021
Christy is the best therapist I have had at Mindpath thus far.
January 14, 2021
Christy is a great listener and offers good insight.
January 7, 2021
I love the staff there and my therapists are very helpful and understanding with everything. Keep up the great work!
November 10, 2020
Christy is AMAZING and has made the biggest difference in our situation. I seriously don't know where we'd be without her expertise, insight and guidance. She's also just a wonderful person!
October 29, 2020
Christy is awesome
Therapy with Christy Ellis is wonderful. She is so helpful and caring. I look forward to meeting with her every week.