About Allison Simpson, MSW, LCSW
Ms. Simpson aims to be her client’s biggest cheerleader. She knows that change is hard and that no step is too small to celebrate. Guided by a love of learning and a genuine curiosity about her clients’ stories, she approaches each person who she works with as the expert of their own lives. Allison sees it as her role to learn from them what it is like to walk in their shoes. She is passionate about helping people develop a better relationship with themselves and has a special interest in helping caregivers learn to apply that same care and compassion toward themselves. Ms. Simpson dedicates herself to supporting clients in navigating difficulties and improving their wellbeing and quality of life. She is committed to developing a partnership with her clients, while ensuring that the therapy sessions are tailored to their individual needs, goals and preferences. Working from a client-centered, strengths-based perspectives, Allison incorporates different therapeutic techniques and modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), mindfulness practices, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Psychodynamic Therapy. She also provides pychoeducation to help clients gain a better understanding of their symptoms and behaviors.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Parent/Child Concerns
- LGBTQ+ Care
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work in Direct Practice and Family and Child Welfare from Howard University in Washington, DC
– Health Coaching Certificate from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York, NY
– School Social Work Certification from the Maryland State Department of Education
– Certified in the MANDT System in Crisis Prevention and Intervention
– Member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
December 9, 2019
I love my provider and this virtual service!!