About Allison Barnett Simpson, MSW, LCSW
Ms. Simpson aims to be her patient's biggest cheerleader. She knows that change is hard and that no step is too small to celebrate. Guided by a love of learning and a genuine curiosity about her patients’ stories, she approaches each person who she works with as the expert of their own lives. Allison sees it as her role to learn from them what it is like to walk in their shoes. She is passionate about helping people develop a better relationship with themselves and has a special interest in helping caregivers learn to apply that same care and compassion toward themselves. Ms. Simpson dedicates herself to supporting patietns in navigating difficulties and improving their wellbeing and quality of life. She is committed to developing a partnership with her patients while ensuring that the therapy sessions are tailored to their individual needs, goals and preferences. Working from a patient-centered, strengths-based perspectives, Allison incorporates different therapeutic techniques and modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), mindfulness practices, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Psychodynamic Therapy. She also provides pychoeducation to help patients gain a better understanding of their symptoms and behaviors.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Parent/Child Concerns
- LGBTQ+ Care
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work in Direct Practice and Family and Child Welfare from Howard University in Washington, DC
– Health Coaching Certificate from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York, NY
– School Social Work Certification from the Maryland State Department of Education
– Certified in the MANDT System in Crisis Prevention and Intervention
– Member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
May 27, 2021
Allison is very nice and understanding.
May 20, 2021
I absolutely love Allison! I love how easy it is to talk to her about things and she always makes me feel better about the things I have going on.
April 16, 2021
Allison is fabulous! She has been a blessing! Too many to mention.
December 9, 2019
I love my provider and this virtual service!!