“ChefNurse” Ellen Minier teaches us a wonderful and easy triple chocolate cookie recipe for this Valentine’s Day.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 4 oz 70% dark chocolate, broken into small peices
- 6 Tablespoons Ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips
- In a large heat-proof bowl placed over barely simmering water melt dark chocolate with Ghee (or coconut oil). Remove from heat and let sit aside to cool slightly.
- Combine and whisk together in another bowl until well combined the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar.
- Lightly beat the 2 eggs and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and mix. Add egg mixture and mix again until well combined. Add dark chocolate chips and stir until well distributed.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Use a small scoop or Tablespoon to measure dough, placing them 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!